Review: TCL 32 & 40 Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV


Big Fat Tech Review


Cheap, Cheap!


How cheap is too cheap. I picked up one of these TCL LCD's, the 32 inch, a while back. I have to say I'm pretty happy with it so far. The resolution is really great for movies and gaming. I have mine hooked up to my gaming computer via a DVI to HDMI adapter and haven't had any flicker or blanking issues as others have stated. The screen is mainly being used to play games on. I wouldn't want to use this screen too much for other computer task, because screen text is either too pixelated or too big. I couldn't seem to find a great in between resolution. I have the exact opposite issue on my Olevia LCD TV where text and apps look great, but games aren't as good as they could be(the difference is lesser, but it's there). I know with the TCL a lot of people have had issues, mainly with blanking, but that's the risk you take with off brands. You save a few bucks but you might get a lemon. The good news with this screen though is the 2 year warranty, which means you'll be able to get it fixed or get a new one. You just need to accept that you are rolling the dice with these kind of TV's. Overall though I see a lot of positive feedback from buyers on this screen and if your on a budget it's a good buy. If you have more cash to spend go with something like the a LG 50" Plasma or go smaller with something like the AOC F22. One last note, surprisingly the built in speakers on this screen aren't too bad, the ones in my Olevia are much worse.