Olevia LT26HVE 26" HD Flat-Panel LCD Review


My Big Fat Review









What's In A Name?


Who makes this? Olevia? Can they be trusted? These are all questions I asked myself before I bought this LCD screen. I read some bad reviews on Olevia screens, but with such an appealing price I decided to risk it. Now almost three years later I can honestly say it was a great buy. I purchased this screen for my main desktop computer. My wife thought it was overkill to get such a big screen, but 26" makes working in Photoshop and Illustrator so much easier as well as enhancing the occasional gaming experience. For awhile I had it hooked up to my Thermaltake Mozart TX Media PC and was watching a lot of movies on it also and it performed wonderfully. Now that my wife has fallen in love with the big screen it is a race to see who gets on it first in the morning, so the monitor is usually working 16 hours a day every day. In all that time I've never had any issues with the screen, not even a dead pixel. Great sharpness, great contrast and vivid colors. This LCD makes a great desktop screen. I haven't had any of the issues that some reviews have complained about. I also listen to quite a bit of music through the monitor's built in speakers. The speakers are not great, but passable when working and wanting to listen to some background music. The only weird thing about this monitor is sometimes I can hear a crackle coming from behind it. I can only assume it's a static discharge, because I've never been shocked or seen any sparks. Also the V fell off the front a few months ago so now it says Oleia. I absolutely recommend this monitor owning to the fact that the price and quality are superb, but make sure you get one for the wife too. I've also linked below for the newest Olevia 32" LCD Monitor.

Product Feature

  • 26" Cinema-Style Widescreen Aspect Ratio
  • HDTV Display Ready (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) when used with an optional tuner and antenna or with HD service from your Cable or DSS carrier
  • 750 - 1 Contrast Ratio
  • WXGA 1280 x 768 Native Resolution
  • High Brightness 700 cd/m2
  • Picture-in-Picture / TFT active matrix Display Technology