Product Review: Capresso H2O Electric Tea Kettle


My Cup of Tea

Quite Seriously...

...my family makes a crap load of tea throughout the day, about 2 gallons. The Capresso boils 1.5 quarts of water at a time, which means we fire this tea kettle up 4-5 times a day easy. Probably more since we use it for other things like coffer or getting water boiling before putting it in a pot for pasta or soup. Why? Because it's way faster to get water boiling in the Capresso than on my crappy electric stove. I got this as a gift from my sister about six months ago, so that means I've made about 900 pots of water so far. In my book that's pretty durable. Besides being sturdy the Capresso also has a built in shut off that kicks in as soon as your water boil and it's cordless (the pot not the base obviously). My only issue with the kettle (and a lot of others have mentioned this) is the initial plastic/chemical smell of the kettle. I assume this is from the lid, which is plastic. Eventually the smell did go away. I recommend boiling the same water over a few times initially to help get rid of the smell. This is a great tea kettle no matter how much tea or coffee you drink, definitely top of my list for kitchen appliances.