Ativa Wireless G Router Review

My Big Fat Review















There's WiFi in the Air!

I picked up this router for almost nothing at a going out of business sale. I needed something for around the house for my laptop and PSP that I could daisy chain off my linksys BEFSR81. I have WiFi cards in all of my desktops, but I don't use them with this router simply because it can't handle it. Even with just the laptop and the PSP sometimes the router craps out, but only once or twice a month at the most. I do have my Thermaltake Mozart XT Media PC, Xbox 360, and Yamaha RX-V2700 running off the Ativa via ethernet. I haven't had any speed issues with streaming video, music or downloads and no lag either on the xbox 360. So it just seems the WiFi side of the Ativa has some issues (possibly a firmware update will fix this). If you are not doing anything intensive or you stick to the ethernet this is a good router for the price, but if you want to run several computers off it via WiFi at once then you may have issues.

Technical Details

  • Wi-Fi Certified Compatibility With all 802.11b and 802.11g devices
  • 5x Faster than standard 802.11b downloads
  • Offers up to 400 Fee (121.9m) or wireless coverage*
  • Wireless 64 and 128 bit WEP encryption ensures data and security
  • PC and Mac Compatible