Review: Zalman CNPS9500AT Ultra Quiet Cpu Heatsink/Cooler LGA775


Big Fat Tech Review

So Cool It's Boss

I got this cooler for a Core 2 Extreme Qx9650 Quad-Core and so far it's fantastic. I've yet to overclock, but idling at stock speeds my cores run between 25°C-33°C (most of the time in the mid 20's). Under load I'm getting 44°C - 50°C on my cores (with only one them actually hitting 50°C). That's uh-nice uh-meat-ah-ball if you ask me. I'm using Arctic Silver AS5 for my thermal paste and at this point it should be fully cured. Overall these temps look 10°C - 20°C cooler than what you'll get with stock cooling. I've based that on scouring forums for others average temps with the same cpu. Seems the only thing better is with water cooling which gave a 10°C drop under load (idle temps were pretty much the same as what I''m getting). Besides being very happy with the temps I was also thrilled at the install on this. Even though you have to take out your mobo the install is very simple and safe unlike my Thermaletake CL-P0370. As soon as I get around to overclocking I'll post an up date on temps, but from other reviews I've read I have a feeling it'll all be boss.