Review: Thermaltake CL-P0370 TMG i1 CPU Heatsink/Cooler for LGA775


Big Fat Tech Review

Oops!

I found my self saying that a lot with this heatsink, actually I found my self cursing a blue streak. Why? I'll get to that in a bit. Overall this is a great heatsink. I bought it for my old Pentium D 960 and it did a great job of dropping the C°'s compared to the stock heatsink. In fact I went from overheating to a chilly 17° C at idle. The major problem I have with this heatsink, the expletive factor so to speak, is how it attaches. One, it takes a great deal of pressure, while turning, to get the feet/holders to latch on. Two, the feet/holders aren't slotted for phillips head. Third, applying a great deal of pressure while using a slotted screwdriver equals, "Oops I just jacked up my mobo real bad, *insert expletive.*" Somehow magically, out of the three or four times this happened, I somehow didn't punch a whole through my mobo or rip off a capacitor or two. Conclusion: If you don't tinker around with your computer a lot and you'll be putting this heatsink on once and never looking back then this is a great heatsink. If you constantly need to be taking things apart to see when and how you'll eventually break them you should probably get a different heatsink.