Tech Review: Aoyue 937+ Digital Soldering Station


My Big Fat Tech Review

Some Like It Hot

Well I guess when it comes to soldering we all like it hot, but at variable temperatures of course. This is my first serious soldering station and I have to say I'm quite pleased, a big step up from the cheap five dollar soldering irons I'd been using. First off the price on the Aoyue is amazing around $50.00 dollars. Equivalent soldering stations are easily 3 to 4 times that price. Secondly the quality of this soldering station is really good, it's well made and seems like it's built to last. Other nice features are the replaceable parts, of course, on the soldering iron it's self and the quick heating time. This iron is ready to go in under 30 seconds after turning it on. I'm just getting into soldering seriously, but the Aoyue has enabled me to do more technical work on motherboards and power supplies that I wasn't able to do previously. I defiantly recommend the Aoyue for beginners and intermediate solder enthusiasts (is that even a thing). If you're more advanced or you just have money to burn you can always move up to one of the 937's big brothers like the 968 or 2702.