Plantronics Cordless 2.4GHz Headset Phone CT12 (CT14) Review


My Big Fat Review

PLANTASTIC PLANTRONICS!

I absolutely love the CT12. I've owned several other brands of cordless headset phones and the CT12 is simply the best in quality. The firefly headset's sound is clear and plenty loud, with other phones I found I had to buy an aftermarket headset. It's also the most durable phone of this type I've ever owned. From being dropped and the cord getting pulled most cordless headsets start to cut out after about a year, the problem being the headset connection. This includes hard wired and and jack type, but the CT12 has lasted me four years and is just now having this issue. That's four times longer then any other phone. Now I'll be looking to buy a CT14. Which from what I can tell is the same phone, but with some upgrades such as 2x the talk time (10 hours!) and DECT 6.0 which gives you 3x the talk range (300ft!). Plantronics rocks. I also own a Plantronics Pulsar 590 bluetooth headset for my cell phone which is also amazing, check out the review.

CT12 Highlights:
  • Pocket Size: Ultra-compact remote unit fits in the palm of your hand and features a convenient belt/clothing clip that remains attached even while charging.
  • 2.4GHz Digital Technology: For increased calling range and digital security.
  • Firefly In-use indicator light lets others know you are on the phone.
  • Noise-canceling microphone eliminates background noise.
  • Caller ID Ready/Call Waiting display: On the remote unit, lets you see who's calling.
  • Extended Talk/Standby Time: 5.5 hour continuous talk time and 10 day standby.
CT14 Highlights:
  • DECT 6.0 (1.9 GHz) wireless technology limits interference from wireless networks and home appliances during calls for superior sound and range of up to 300 feet
  • Noise-canceling microphone blocks out background noise for enhanced sound clarity
  • Convertible headset design can be worn either over-the-head or over-the-ear
  • Dial pad offers up to 10 hours talk time or 8 days standby on a single charge
  • Integrated belt/clothing clip offers hands-free convenience
  • One-year limited warranty