Product Review: Nine Stars DZT-50-9 Hands-Free vs. iTouchless Hands-Free Trash Can

My Big Fat Review














I'm Excited About Trash!

Seriously, owning an automatic trash can is great, like owning a pet robot. They clean up your scraps and greet you every time you walk into the kitchen. Both of these trash cans are 13 gallon, take four D batteries and open via an infared sensor. Beyond the iTouchless being bit smaller, the comparison on these two is pretty straight forward. The iTouchless has a heavier construction then the Nine Stars which is nice, but it has one fatal flaw. The iTouchless' half-gear that is molded into the lid broke off about six months after I bought it. I was able to fix it with some epoxy, a screw and some ingenuity, but after a year it broke again. The Nine Stars, which I bought to replace the iTouchless, has a metal rod through the half-gear which should keep it from snapping off from the lid. Long story short both are great, but if you want a trash can that lasts more then six months I'd go with the Nine Stars.