Apple Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse


My Big Fat Review










My First Apple Product, Ever!!!


I probably would not own this great duo if it had not been a Christmas present. I'd been needing to upgrade my wireless keyboard/mouse for awhile, my old Intel Wirelesss Series Base, Mouse and Keyboard
setup was on it's last leg. When you have to give your keyboard a punch every now then to get the keys to work it's time to get a new one. I was not thrilled by any of the other Bluetooth setups out there, either because of design or cost and I was unaware of the Apple option. As with all Apple products the look and feel of the keyboard and mouse are sleek and efficient. Out of the box there are no instruction for PC setup and there was nothing on the Apple website either. I knew that the passkey for mouse would be 0000 as with any other device that does not have input functions. With the keyboard though I was unaware of how to set it up and it took some searching to find that I needed to enter the passkey, that shows up on Bluetooth setup, with the keyboard and push enter. With minimal effort Apple could've saved me an hour with this basic info. Other than this minor inconvenience setup was easy and quick. Although this may not be the case for every setup. The mouse would not work correctly with my Bluetooth PCI card (see review for more info) only with my Bluetooth dongle. I tried various configurations of Bluesoleil with the PCI card and to no avail. I would stronly recommend that you hold onto your receipt if you're buying this for PC until you are sure it works. The keyboard is fantastic. It's small and straight forward, saving a lot of desk space. It responds instantly after sitting idle for any amount of time. My old keyboard would take a few seconds to wake up, very annoying. Battery life is great lasting for months (up to 9 months according to Apple's website). My only gripe is there is no numeric key pad. If you are like me and use the num pad a lot it takes some adjustment to get use to not having it. There is also no deleate key (there is, but it functions as a backspace) so you'll need to reprogram a key to able to CTRL+ALT+DEL. I used Sharpkeys to repgrogram the Apple Key (i.e. Windows Key) to a deleate key. The mouse is, well a mouse. Again great battery life. My only issue with the mouse is it gets a bit heavy when I'm doing a lot of photoshop or illustrator type work. I find myself switching back to my wired mouse after an hour or so. Overall this a great keyboard and mouse setup and I definatly recommend it for the battery life and space saving. As well as the ergonomics and great looks.