Movie & Game Review: Disney & Star Wars



DISNEY SUCKS AND IS GOING TO RUIN STAR WARS

   Not that Star Wars wasn't ruined already… depending on whom you ask. I was not one of said people. I was fairly young when The Phantom Menace was released; to the original fans it probably felt like a kid’s movie, perfect for a kid though. Not to say I wasn’t raised right, watched and loved the original movies.

    My true calling however was video games. Boy oh boy was there a lot of Star Wars games over the years and I have played close to most of them, the bad ones, the mediocre ones, and of course the glorious gems. This isn’t a review for said games; this is a review about the future lack of said games.

   LucasArt Studios was a great company with a 30 year history. They were in the process of developing multiple new promising Star Wars Titles. Star Wars: Battlefront III (the battlefront series has always been AWESOME, and this new one was looking even better). Star Wars 1313 (basically the origin story of Boba Fett, that looked like a gritty Mass Effect-esque take on Star Wars, basically AWESOME). Finally Star Wars: First Assault (don’t know much about it, probably was going to be awesome). They also had 150 employees, people who depended on a paycheck for their families, people who were passionate about Star Wars. Good People, Good Nerds.

   Why am I talking about LucasArt Studios? BECAUSE ON A WHIM after Disney purchased Star Wars as a whole, they decided to cancel all these games and close down LucasArt, firing everyone. THE REASON GIVEN!? “We are reevaluating violence in our video games”. Translation: “we are only going to be making Lego Star Wars titles from now on…” and I don’t even want to think about what they are going to do with the new movies… I’m sure there's gonna be a lot of dismemberment. I bet light sabers are gonna be the equivalent of what they were in that one episode of the Venture Bros. “I’ve been gypped!”

   The thing that really gets to me is… where does Disney get off doing this, when Disney in a nutshell is: A Satanic company (founded by a Nazi) that brainwashes your children. Yep but pretend violence is wrong.

   Long live the original movies, long live those great games, R.I.P. LucasArt. Burn in Hell Disney.