Tech Review - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Sniper Mouse

My Big Fat Tech

Not Just For Snipers


I bought this mouse to play Battlefield 3 on my new gaming rig.  What struck me first about this mouse was the size of it.  It is quite literally a "honking big" mouse.  This really threw me at first.  I've had a lot of different mice down through the years and this was by far the biggest.  At first I really even doubted if I could play with it, but surprisingly after a few hours I adjusted to the size.  I also found my game improving as I adapted to the ability to change DPI on the fly.  I primarily use LMG in games play.  I'm not a sniper, I loathe snipers in FPS games.  So even though I was using this for LMGs I found it a great advantage to go from high DPI in close quarters to lower DPI over medium/long distances.  It truly feels like an unfair edge in game play.  Of course programmable buttons are great and I keyed these up to my knife attack and grenade throw.  I found even outside of game play, when browsing or doing graphic design, that the ability to adjust the DPI was beneficial.  I'm currently using a Razer Naga, because I've playing a lot of MMOs. The Razer's more comfortable and ergonomic, but I find myself missing the DPI control I had with the MW2 mouse.  It's a tough choice between the two, but I'd say if you primarily play FPSs then the MW2 mouse should be your choice, unless you have very tiny hands.
  • 4 stage (800/1600/2400/3200) dpi gives on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment to match mouse speed to game environment
  • 6 programmable buttons and dpi toggle with LED status indicator
  • Soft-touch mouse buttons and rubberized scroll wheel for total comfort and extreme performance
  • Gold plated, full USB connector instantly communicates mouse commands to the PC
  • SST software programs mouse controls and saves settings as game-specific profiles, Instantly switch between 2 pre-configured profiles
  • Size 5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches; Weight 3.5 ounces