Game Review: TERA


WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME!?

Upon recently finding out that Guild Wars 2 was not going to have open world PVP, I went into a deep depression. Especially since I already pre-ordered it. I'm obviously still going to be playing it, especially since it seems to be bringing a lot to the table, in terms of what MMOs need to evolve... Innovation, as it were. However, in my humble opinion OPEN WORLD PVP has to be a part of that.

Enter TERA...

My friend, sharing my disappointment about GW2's lack of PVP told me about TERA.  A recently released MMO that seems to have a strong focus on PVP as a whole and apparently you can try it out for free, so we both did. OMG! OMFG! THEY FINALLY DID IT! THEY MADE A GOOD MMO.  Because we're only level 8 and it's already been the most fun I've ever had with an MMO. Slaying tutorial monsters is more satisfying then the endgame of others. THE COMBAT SYSTEM IS SO GOOD! It's all I ever wished for while wasting giant chunks of my life playing lineage 2 and WoW. While it's true this game is guilty of having cookie cutter MMO style quests... EVERY MMO's quest system sucks. The difference with this game is I can't stop playing it. The Combat is just too good... I dreamed of this for so long and it's finally come true. I HAVE FAITH in the future once more. Thank you TERA... the very second I get some money you better believe I'm buying you. Then I'll be able to write an extensive review.