Product Review: Zyliss 30820 Handheld Pizza Wheel aka "Yes you do need one of these."

My Big Fat Slice

That's A Spicy Meat-a-ball!

I guess getting excited about a pizza slicer really depends on how much pizza you eat.  If you often find yourself defensively saying to friends, family and coworkers, "I don't eat that much pizza." then you'll probably be as giddy as I am.  I bought one of these for my wife after our old pizza cutter broke and it's pretty cool.  I actually spent quite a bit of time looking into pizza cutters at all levels from the typical home variety to professional pizza rockers like the experts use.  In the end I'm glade I went with the Zyliss firstly because my wife loves it, but also for a few other reasons.  With the Zyliss it is actually easier to slice a pie since you are pushing directly down on the blade when cutting unlike traditional slicers.  Additionally clean up is also very easy since the blade pops out of the sleeve in one simple motion allowing you to also clean the inside of the sleeve.  It's not often that better mouse trap is made, but in this case Zyliss has manged to do that.