Netflix / Movie Review: Delhi Belly (2011)

















My Big Fat Movie Review

My Pick For Best Movie 2011

I was incredibly surprised at how good this film was.  Being a movie junkie I'll watch anything and I've seen my share of Bollywood films.  If you're thinking typical Bollywood affair with two hours of  singing, dancing, bad acting and a flimsy love story you couldn't be more wrong.  Delhi Belly has got the all the right stuff.  If you're a fan of films like The Hangover or Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels then this films right up your alley.  The story follows three hapless roommates that don't quite have their act together.  Things go from bad to worse when they naively become involved in a smuggling ring.  Kidnapping, black mail and homicidal thugs all come into play as they try to rescue the girl, recover the goods and attempt not to get killed.  There's some very classic moments in this comedy and plenty of original and funny material.  I really enjoy a good foreign film.  It's nice to have a break from the regurgitated crap of Hollywood like, god forbid, Hangover 2.  I won't ruin any of the story by going into detail, but for sure this is a can't miss comedy.  One last point for those of you that can't read, write or spell you'll be glad to know that there are no need for subtitles, the movie is 95% in English.