Game Review: Dragon Age 2


The Worst Game Ever
It has finally happened. I would have never imagined it happening in my wildest dreams. But it's a fact, the worst game I've ever played was made by my favorite developer (Bioware). Well, former favorite developer. There are many reasons for my extreme view point... reasons I will go into, but if you want to save yourself some time just heed my words: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. pirate it if you must, but don't waste your money.
Now lets take a journey back into my childhood. Being an awkward little kid with no friends aside, I've been playing video games ever since I can remember. But there was one game in particular, that after I finished... I knew video games would always be my first love... knowing no girl would ever love me. This game was Baldur's Gate 2. No idea why I played the second one first, but at any rate. It was the best game ever. Comparing it to Dragon Age 2 is an insult to its memory.
Lead writer of Dragon Age 2 is one David Gaitor, the first game he worked on with Bioware was Baldur's Gate 2 coincidently. How he went from that masterpiece to this modern piece of trash I'll never know... but luckily there is photographic documentation on his transformation into the abomination he now is, shown above. On the far left you can see my description of my childhood could probably also be used for David Gaitor's. No disrespect, but I'm sure he's been a dungeon master multiple times in his life. But you know what? That's what made the early games so great, that's why Bioware got so much money and fans. Because Bioware made games FOR NERDS BY NERDS. Now Bioware makes games FOR THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE BY NERDS WHO BETRAYED THEIR ROOTS AND TWILIGHT FAN FICTION WRITERS WHO DON'T EVEN LIKE VIDEO GAMES.
I did not just make up a bunch of stuff randomly. What I just stated is fact. Bioware has announced they are looking to get the attention of the "Call of Duty Audience". Gee that sounds like a great idea, build up your entire company on the loyalty of nerds like myself and then betray us for the lowest common denominator in the video game community... the "Call of Duty Audience". And what's this Twilight nonsense? Well apparently, the games lead romance writer's only qualification was that she wrote Twilight fan fiction. What does that translate into gamewise? Well every two seconds a male NPC was hitting on me and pretty much every male companion is a raging homosexual who wants some guy on guy action. Call me old fashioned but when I play an RPG I'm looking good ole Dungeons & Dragons fun, not to play "Gay Drama: Medieval Edition". It's as if Bioware figured... what do boys like? Call of Duty... what do girls like? Twilight. I KNOW... lets use that information to make our worst game yet.
The sad thing is this isn't even a good game. I'm not ranting on because nerdy RPG's are now in the mainstream and I can't feel so special about myself. This game by all means is a horrible example of a good RPG. Bad story, bad dialogue, bad combat, blatant reuse of so many levels. Where you constantly backtrack or explore supposed "new" areas when in fact they're just the same dungeon with different monsters in it. And I don't mean different monsters as in new... there feels to be less variety in the enemies this time around.
The worst part of all is how Bioware reacted to the outrage of the community. When countless fans like myself reviewed their game badly, they simply blamed it on an "internet raid", that the only reason they have bad reviews is because a few people wanted to cause mischief. And hardcore fans on their official forums are actually banned for voicing their criticism in a articulate and professional manner. Overall Bioware are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats and Dragon Age 2 which apparently is the "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" does nothing but piss on it's grave.
P.S. I am aware that a different section of Bioware is responsible for the Mass Effect games, which are great games. Thus any insult towards Bioware is only directed to the morons who pumped out the second Dragon Age. I just hope that the third Mass Effect isn't as big a disappointment. If it is, I'll officially be off Bioware forever.