Recipe: Guaranteed Perfect Grilled Shrimp Marinade

My Big Fat Recipe

The Atomic's Grilled Shrimp


I’m a master at grilling steak or chicken, but I’ve always had bad luck with seafood.  Either it ends up dry or ends up tasting boring.  Recently I found a well rated recipe and changed it up a bit  the one posted here.  I was blown away by the results. It’s simply the best grilled shrimp I’ve ever made or ever had.  The first time I made these as an appetizer and everybody loved them so much we didn’t even want to eat the main meal, we just wanted more shrimp.

1.5lbs of Shrimp
Juice of 2 Lemons
Juice of  2 Limes
Fresh Bay Leaves (Dry can be used but they’re hard to skewer)
Dried Tomato & Herbs Rub
Dry Dill
Olive Oil

Juice the lemons and limes and save the rinds.  Let shrimp marinate in lemon/lime juice and about a tbsp of olive oil for 30 minutes to an hour.  At the same time soak some wooden shish kabob sticks in water for 30 minutes.  Slice leftover rinds into wedges.  Now skewer a lemon wedge, then a shrimp, then a bay leaf, then a lime wedge then a shrimp and so on.  The lemon and lime wedges will cradle the shrimp and bay leaves in between nicely.  Once everything is kabobed sprinkle the dry dill and the Tomato & Herbs Rub over both sides of kabobs.  Grill kabobs over medium high heat for two minutes per side or until shrimp is pink.