Review: Targus Mini USB Bluetooth Dongle


Big Fat Tech Review

Big Bluetooth In A Small Package

I bought the Targus for my Toshiba laptop which didn't come with Bluetooth, but I've ended using it a few different computers. I'm happy to say it's performed excellently in all the computers I've used with as well as with XP and Windows 7. I haven't had any issues with pairing up devices or driver installation. I mainly use this in conjunction with my Plantronics Bluetooth Headset for talking on Skype or listening to music. It's proved reliable and better than some of the other Bluetooth adapters I've owned. It's great for laptops in particular because of the low profile design, although I do wish it had a rounded edges.

Technical Details
  • Connect up to 7 Bluetooth-enabled devices like PDAs, keyboards, mice and printers
  • Wirelessly connect your notebook to the Internet or to networks via your Bluetooth-enabled phones and PDAs
  • Easily transfer files between Bluetooth devices
  • Automatically synchronize your computer to PDAs and Smartphones
  • Secure access Plug and play convenience with secure, 128-bit encryption and authentication
  • Internet bridge - connect through mobile phone via PSTN, ISDN, LAN or xDSL
  • Data Rate 723/57.6 kbps