Review: Makita LCT200W 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit


My Big Fat Review

Ka, Ka, Ka-Powerful!

I got these for my wife as an anniversary gift and I gotta say they're fantastic. We both use these at work and around the house and they power through any task. I hadn't owned a cordless drill before the Makita and I was dubious of the power you could get out of one of these, but the driver-drill delivers 450 in/lbs of torque and the impact driver delivers an awesome 1,280 in/lbs of torque. I've drilled through brick and steel with my Makita's and they didn't shy away from the task; no whinny power drains or jams. These Makitas area also, rugged I see these a lot on shows I work and any driver that can survey a couple of hundred concerts and the abuse that stagehands heap on equipment is proof enough that Makita makes a tough tool. Both drivers also come with a built in led in the front, which on more than one occasion has been helpful in lighting up a dark work area. Battery life is also more than very good on these puppies. Lastly and one of my personal favorite things about this Kit is the charger. It blasts through a full battery charge in under 15 minutes! Pure awesomeness, because nothing sucks worse than having to delay a project for an hour or more so you're battery can charge. Conclusion: if you're in the market for a pair of hardcore drivers that get the job done, no matter how hard, and can withstand the abuse of the roughest workplace than these hardcore Makitas are your boys.