Review: Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Cordless Screwdriver


My Big Fat Review










Screwing Never Felt So Good

I'm always tinkering with stuff, taking computers apart or fixing the odd appliance. I've come to loath screws. There's nothing worse than the daunting task of unscrewing 40 screws to get the heart of a problem and then putting them all back when it's fixed. Tedious for sure. That's why I love the VP810. It takes the time consuming and hand crippling task and makes it quick and easy. At 3.6 volts it's plenty powerful enough for most if not all tasks (I'm currently using mine with a buffer attachment to finish off a custom PC paint job). The other nice thing is the adjustable 24 position torque control allows the VP810 to be used in more delicate situations like computers and it's compact enough that it fits in pretty much anywhere. Battery life on the VP810 is fantastic. I use mine several times a week and I only have to charge it once a month at the most. I'm not sure the dual positions are that ground breaking, but it comes in handy occasionally. Overall I can't imagine going back to regular old wrist breaking screwdrivers. The VP810 is huge time saver and is great for modders, hackers and tinkerers alike.