Movie Review: Malice In Wonderland (2009)


Big Fat Film Review

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm sure that's what was going through the writer's brain as he snorted, smoked and injected meth while writing this adaptation of Alice In Wonderland. It's not that the film is so bad or the acting horrible and I actually like the idea of an edgy modern Alice, but the movie falls all over it's self in trying to be trendy. The pace of the film is so decidedly fast that it leaves the story behind and just ends being hip yet tragically boring and empty. You never really get to know the characters (outside of what you already know from the original) and that combined with the vacuous feeling induced by the speed of the film makes nearly impossible to give a crap about the movie. It might be worth watching once, maybe you'll enjoy it more than me, but I doubt it. There are some funny scenes and a few good ideas in how the characters were modernized, but beyond that I say, "Off With Their Heads!".