Tech Review: Xbox 360 Wireless Headset


It’s Like I’m NOT Anti-Social!

I’m definitely not new to the whole xbox phenomenon; I’ve had one and a live account since BEFORE wasting all of my teen years… logging in thousands upon thousands of hours I’ll never get back. During this productive period, chances are you’ve never heard my voice. But now, that’s all changing...

I could generally deal with the stupidity of the xbox live community. The Little Brats who beat me on Halo, only for a chance to share new “naughty” additions to their vocabulary. The Alpha Males who think manhood is measured by kill/death ratio and how many of their innuendos are heard by Gamer Girls. The Beta Males that defend the Gamer Girls’ honor, hoping to win them over (as if that has ever worked). And the Gamer Girls themselves who think they are the biggest advocates for women’s rights since Susan B. Anthony. This “human element” was to be expected, if people are annoying in real life, why wouldn’t they be online?

No, what I COULDN’T accept is the piece-o-crap head set that came with the 360. Within a week I had to start applying pressure at key locations on the cord to get any use out of them. Soon after it was more duct tape then headset... and when even that wouldn’t work, I guess all that was left to do was leave one of the worst communities ever… oh happy days. Not having to put up with the ever expanding levels of stupid.

But like any other happy period of your life, it has to come to an end… for I was gifted this Wireless Headset for Christmas. AND NOW, I actually want to talk on Xbox Live… Fortunately, years of failing to nurture and sort of friendship resulted in me not having many opportunities to use them. Unfortunately, not being a complete jerk I had to at least try them. So thusly my adventure began.

More precious time of mine, lost… naively trying to get my team to work together, using second grade logic to get little kids to stop talking, or explaining how IT’S NOT BLOWING MY MIND THAT A GIRL PLAYS GAMES! Having to put up with all this nonsense, I discovered a few things. The most important of which was I didn’t feel like some socially awkward shut in. And that no matter what group of people you associate yourself with, the majority of them will be idiots that you’ll hate. But it’s YOUR JOB to sort through all the trash to find the cream filling… as in, the few special individuals you actually have fun talking to; more importantly playing with. And the only thing that was holding me back before was a crappy headset. Luckily for me not only is this an awesome headset, but IT’S THE BEST HEADSET EVER. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to appreciate something done right… It goes into one of your ears and you can clearly hear people talk, if you want them to hear you… YOU TALK! IT’S JUST THAT SIMPLE! THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR MAKING A HEADSET THAT DOESN’T SUCK / SAVING MY SOCIAL LIFE.