Film Review: Edmond (2005)


Big Fat Film Review

Truly Horrific

I had high hopes going into this movie. It got a decent rating on IMDB and I love William H. Macy. If you are thinking the same thing you are wrong, wrong, horribly wrong. This is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I don't mean Birdemic (2008) bad, I mean scrub your brain with a Brillo pad and Clorox bleach bad. I will forever be trapped with the memory of how crappy this movie was. It starts out promisingly enough and then just twists and turns into nothing, absolute nothing. It's hard to explain: Let's say somebody slipped you a mickey and you're wandering around slightly sick and totally confused. You stop to ask for help and a nun runs up and hits you in the back of the head with a wrench. That's pretty much this movie to a T. Nonsensical confusion that ends with a nonsensical nonsense. The end of this film will send you reeling, trying to figure out what you were already confused about and making you think you missed something. Trust me you didn't. I spent a good amount of time on line in many forums on a lot of movies sites looking for an explanation of this film. There is none. No deep hidden Eraserhead (1976) / David Lynch style meaning in this film. To best sum up the plot of this film I quote a fellow movie lover, "It's like someone decided, 'Hey let's see what we can make William H. Macy do.'" Sadly William H. Macy's fantastic acting talents were wasted in this debacle, not surprisingly his acting was the only thing good in this piece of crap, but sadly even they weren't enough to make it a passable film. After all this if you still decide to watch Edmond (a.k.a. Suckfest) you may want to ingest a large amount of drugs and/or blind yourself in both eyes before hand. Enjoy.