BVLT Sandwich Recipe or Vegemite, what is it and should I eat it?


My Fat Food Recipe

It Comes From The Land Down Under

You've heard vague mysterious rumors about it. You've wondered what it is and about it's strange origins. Maybe you've even dreamt of it, whilst the Men At Work song plays in a fevered, nightmare, but now it's time to try it. First off, "Don't Be Scared!" I know it's intimidating, this jar of weird brown brewery derivatives mixed with vegetables, but don't worry I've risked my life for you , trying it first, and found it's safe to eat. Secondly if you're an American, eat it like an American, it's okay you can do that Mel Gibson won't come after you (I'm pretty, fairly sure he won't come after you). If you want to be safe (from Mel) you can try the true Australian way of eating it (Toasted Bread with butter and a thin layer of Vegemite), but you probably won't like it. That said, thirdly, try it my way and you'll love it. I didn't really care for the Aussie way so I decided to do this:

1. BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato)
2. Mayonnaise on both sides.
3. A thin layer of Vegemite over Mayo.
4. Eat it.

Cheese and Avocado are optional and add more letters to BVLT, making BVLACT and that's just silly sounding. One of the great things about Vegemite is it's high in B vitamins and low in bad stuff (so you won't go crazy like you know who). If you still don't care for it than try using Vegemite as a beef base in soups or other recipes like vegetarian gravy for instance. In fact it's great for those who love the taste of beef and simply can't figure out how to eat a cow (vegetarians). I personally love the flavor, but than again, I was a weird little kid who liked to suck on beef bullion cubes.