Recipe: Burrito Salad (Taco Salad Variant)

My Big Fat Recipe

Is it a Burrito or a Salad?

It's both! If you're a fan of Taco Salad, but want to try something different give this a try. My wife and I accidentally stumbled upon this idea the other day. We bought some slow roasting chicken breast, basically pollo asada, and weren't sure what to do with the tasty end result. My wife made some rice, but that wasn't very exciting so we decide to mix in some taco seasoning with the rice and then mix in the already cooked chicken. Then we made our usual Taco Salad recipe, substituting the rice and pollo asada mix for the usual taco meat. Very cool results. My family decided this recipe tasted much more like a burrito salad then taco salad hence the name. You can also substitute puerco asado (pork) or carne asada (beef) for chicken.