Review: ECG J-045-DS 45 Watt Desoldering Iron


Big Fat Tech Review

Sucking In Style


I simply love this desoldering iron. Before I had this I was using a solder sucker in tandem with a soldering iron and let me tell you there is no fun to be had in that. When my solder sucker broke as they always do I went looking for something better. I scavenge a lot of parts off old motherboards, power supplies and the like and this tool has made doing it such a pleasure instead of a task. The time for me to get a 3 or 4 pin connector off a mobo easily takes under a minute now where as before I'd spend 10 minutes fighting with it. This is also great if you over solder something or spill solder on a trace and need to get it off. If you do a lot of soldering do yourself a favor and get yourself one this puppies. The alternatives are sucky solder suckers or very expensive desoldering guns.