Thermaltake Armor VA8000SA Review



My Big Fat Review


















Give Your Tools A Break!

Because the Thermaltake Armor along with all it's awesomeness is also tool free, but that's just the tip of this iceberg. I swear on a stack of demagnetized 5.25" floppies that this is the most versatile, user friendly and option packed PC case out there. I've been inside a lot of cases (Dells, Sonys, HPs, Apples, Gateways, No-Name Brands, etc.) and have rebuilt two in a fit of retro nostalgia and nothing compares. Not even my Thermaltake TX VE1000BWS can compare.
First off almost everything can be installed without tools or swearing. Most tool free cases don't work so well, the TX for instance is tool free, but requires a lot of swearing to actually get things to fit just right. The Armor case also stays cool by allowing you to use either liquid cooling, fanless or plain old air cooling. The case is setup up so all three of these options look pretty when installed, instead of one or two of them being a tacked on a gimmick to sell more cases. One thing I love on this case is the fan front bay options. It has ten 5.25" bays with the option of moving the power bay to what ever slot you want. There is also an option BTX upgrade kit to make the back panel compatible. I've been in and out of this case a lot installing and uninstalling cards, hds and drives and I'm quiet serious when I say it's always easy and always a pleasure, seriously a pleasure. Last but not least the Armor. At first I thought the aluminum side panels over the bays were silly, but they have saved the front of my computer from countless hits with my office chair or my knee. Check out more pictures and specs at Thermaltake's website here. Also check out the next generation of Armor cases the Armor+. I can't vouch for them yet, but they look pretty cool.

Technical Details

  • Full tower PC case supports up to 10 5.25-inch drive bays
  • Extended ATX and BTX compatible
  • Retractable foot stand, and accessory box
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Ventilation opening on top ( 62% opening ratio)
  • Relocate-able front control panel (Power, Reset switch, HDD & PWR LEDs)
  • Built-in 5.25’’ drive bay accessory box
  • Aluminum front bezel, 1.0-millimeter SECC and Transparent side panel