Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Digital Camera Review


My Big Fat Review

Go Ahead. Shoot Me.


This is an older model now, which means two things. One you can get this camera dirt cheap now and two, if you have money to burn and want to wait, there is the newer Lumix DMC-ZS3. I bought the DMC-LZ7 for almost nothing on a whim, when it was a new model, at a store that was going out of business. I'm glad I did because for under $100 this camera is great. I've taken this camera hiking and to some concerts and it has performed amazingly. Check out these pictures from a Tegan and Sara concert and a Faint concert. The camera performed wonderfully in the dark, even combined with all the lights in the show. One thing I didn't expect was the amazing video from this camera. I shot more then half of these concerts and the video and sound were above par for a camera in this price range. SLR's are great but you can just throw this camera in your pocket, glove box or back pack instead of lugging around a big SLR. Also if you want a camera to take hiking or to a concert and you don't want to worry about it getting dropped off a cliff or stomped in mosh pit, this is the one.

Product Feature:

  • 7.2-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 15 x 20-inch prints
  • 6x image-stabilized optical zoom; 2.5-inch LCD display
  • Intelligent ISO Control (I.I.C.) reduces image blur from subject movement and low light
  • Records full-size movies in wide-aspect VGA (848 x 480) at 30 frames per second
  • Stores images on SD/SDHC/MMC memory cards; 27MB internal memory