Kingdom of Zork..er..I Mean Loathing


My Big Fat Review


















Will The Real Zork Please Stand Up


After my disappointment with Legends of Zork I stumbled across Kingdom of Loathing and wow what a difference. KOL has all the elements I expected from LOZ. Comedy, weirdness, originality and quests o' plenty. Unlike LOZ you actually get involved in Kingdom of Loathing. You get sent on quests by different people you meet along the way. You can craft items, food and booze to help you along the way. You can buy items from other players as well as setting up your own store to make some extra cash. The quests are great as well as various challenges you stumble across, because you actually have to figure out how to get past obstacles and puzzles. Again, unlike LOZ where you just keep clicking and there is no thought involved. You have start with 80 turns and get 40 everyday, but unlike LOZ you can eat food and drink booze (don't get too wasted or you'll be too blasted to adventure) to get more turns. In my first two days I had 203 turns plenty to keep me satisfied and anxious to come back the next day for more. You can actually get a couple of quests done with the amount of turns you get in a day. So when you get bored of LOZ go play KOL you may not go back.