SoundGraph iMON Ultra Bay


My Big Fat Review

















Bling Bling for Your PC

There's some Bling-Bling you just have to have for your computer and this is one of those items. Great for any PC, but especially for a Media PC this is a must have item. I installed this on my GX260 Media PC and it went rather smoothly. You'll need a spare usb hook up you can use off the mobo and you need to piggy back the power off your mobo power connection. I used the software on the provided CD to do the install. The software will look for updates automatically after it's installed. The Ultrabay also takes up two bays so if you are limited in bay space you might want to look into one of the single bay units. The look is cool and I love the equalizer. I never got used to the IR remote that comes with the UltraBay, besides the fact that IR sucks so, so bad. One of the many reasons I switched to a diNovo Mini for my Media PC needs. I don't really care for the iMedian software either. There are too many menu layers to get to your media and overall it is just to0 complicated (Media Monkey is definitely the way to go for music organization). The LCD is great beyond just the cool equalizer it can also display system information and news and more. For media it can also display what you are playing at the moment. The controls on the front are also great for volume control and all the usual media buttons you need like rewind, fastforward, etc. The only issue I've had with my Ultra Bay is now that I've upgraded my sound card to a Diamond Xtreme XS71DDL 7.1 I can't get my equalizer to work with the digital s/pidf out. There are work arounds for this and digital sound cards that the Ultra Bay will work with, but you need to do a bit of research. The easy fix is to switch to PCM 2.0, and since most music is in stereo it's not a big deal. Also if you have Bluetooth on your PC you can simply set the front panel in iMon Manager to use that as it's source and it will work fine. Overall I recommend the Ultra Bay as a great product and there is even a newer better version out now.